Friday, February 18, 2011

Pursuing the Arts!

Galations 6:4-5 --> Make careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself.  Don't compare yourself with others.  Each of you must take responsibilty for doing the creative best you can with your own life.
      I was reading in one of my devotionals by Rebecca St. James this past week and this part of her writing just really seemed to pull everything together, she states....
     "We can just settle for the status quo in our spiritual growth or the way we choose to express it.  Our culture is moving incredibly fast.  We have to move with the times, staying on our toes so we don't become irrelevant.  You can opt to just coast along, doing the same old, same old. It's safer, less risky, but 'where's the adventure?' 'where's the 'sieze the day' mentality in that?'  I don't know about you, but I'm not a coasting kind of girl.  God has created us to enjoy life to its fullest and he delights himself in our creative pursuits!"
     Now I don't know about your but I am totally with Rebecca on this one.  I'm not a coasting kind of girl I want to get out there and do all I can to share with people, to reach people through whatever God has blessed me with to do.  To use my creative pursuits to do the work assigned to me by my Heavenly Father.  :)   I love the "sieze the day" mentality part, because sometimes we seem to just want to think that someone else will do it, and it doesn't really matter.  But if we have that "sieze the day" mentality and we are not afraid to show it we can try anything with our talents that delight our Lord!  We can show people the love of Christ!  And, here's the beauty of it....we don't have to be perfect!  It's great that we don't have to compare ourselves to others, that God loves us for who we are as individuals!  And, he loves when we can give everything to him as we use our creativity he has given us. :)
      Exodus 31:3-5, tells us of Moses and how he was instructed by God to design the arc of the convenant.  God provided Moses with the skills to do this task.  How awesome is it to be able empowered by God to complete such a task.  Then, what about Solomon in 2 Chronicles 2:13-14, building the temple in Jerusalum.  Using their talents provided by their creator to finish the work assigned to them by God. 
       God has blessed us with specific talents, but how can we use them to glorify God?  Developing our gifts and using our creativity in such a way the delights our Father in Heaven and it lets His Great Love shine down through us and to the people we are sharing with.
Sieze the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment