Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Women of Faith part 3…bummer lambs



Bummer Lambs
"...My chains are gone I've been set free My God, my Savior has ransomed me And like a flood His mercy rains Unending love, Amazing grace..."


During one of Sheila Walsh’s messages she spoke about how sometimes, like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, you can be singing, ‘Somewhere over the rainbow  Way up high, There's a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue, And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true.’ And then, before you know it, you have no idea that a tornado is on it’s way, in the midst of our dreams.  But when we can't seem to go on anymore and we come to understand and realize that we can't do it alone...we see that God has been with us the whole time.  We just need to reach out our hand and God will pull us through.
honestly


Sheila’s book, Honestly, takes a look into Sheila’ childhood, through her 30’s and so on through her life.  She talks about how her life changed in an instant and how she just tried to cover up the fact that she was hurting inside by looking okay on the outside.  Which so many of us try to do, don't we?  We work so hard to make everything look so good on the outside so nobody can see what is really happening on the inside of our lives.  I would definitely recommend this book to read!   We all have dreams for our life and sometimes it just takes a little longer to get there.  We will never get something completely right....but God still loves us anyway!  He is there to pick us up when we fall...as we reach out our hand and grab a hold of HIS!
"...nothing in my hands I bring, simply to the cross I cling..."

Sheila told the story of the shepherd and his sheep and how the shepherd will go and look for that ONE lost lamb. Then if something is wrong or that lamb is hurt the only hope is for the shepherd to come and lift the lamb up.  Sheep are the most defenseless of animals.  It’s known that an Ewe will reject one of her lambs after she gives birth, and that lamb will die of a broken heart/spirit unless the shepherd intervenes.  These lambs are also known as, bummer lambs.
The bummer lambs run to the shepherd because they get and they get it because they believe it!  
They embrace the relationship with the shepherd, because they know that they are loved!  They know where they can find help and a relationship.  They know that even though they wondered away, that they can come home again and be loved!
We are completely loved by God. If I could tell you just one thing...it would be that, You are loved more than you can ever imagine.  Each one of us can have brand new life and have a relationship with a God and Father that knows our hearts and our future.
The Shepherd is looking for you...where are you?  Will you embrace the relationship?  Because you are loved by the fiery LOVE of God!   

Matthew 18:12-14 If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them wanders away, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others on the hills and go out to search for the one that is lost? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he will rejoice over it more than over the ninety-nine that didn't wander away! In the same way, it is not my heavenly Father’s will that even one of these little ones should perish.

When we come to realize that, I am not the good news…GOD IS!!!  God is the good news that we need to share with the world!  

Having a true and real 'best friend' relationship with Jesus and wanting to know that when I wake up in the morning, HE is the first thing on my mind, because HE is the one that woke me up that morning, and HE is the last thing I want to think about before I go to sleep, because HE will give me a great nights rest!  

The decisions that you make today will affect your future.




Amazing Grace...My Chains are Gone

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine  


No comments:

Post a Comment