Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Don’t just go to church…Be the church!

Music Video: Build Your Kingdom Here!

I’ve been thinking about this blog lately and I really want this to be a place where I can come together in fellowship among friends on here, but I also would love this to be an open fellowship place where we can share thoughts and ideas about sharing the Love of Christ to this world.  The main goal of my blog is to be able to share openly and honestly about what we are feeling and how we can help each other out. So, I would love for you to link up here with me or if you like message me your email and I will add you to my email list here also. 
we-are-the-church-300x300
I love the song that comes on the radio every once in a while, Build Your Kingdom here.  I love how this song reiterates that, We are Your church.  We need Your power in us.  Because honestly speaking, that’s what it is all about.  We are the church!  We are the people that God sent to spread HIS WORD!  We were created for this.  It shouldn’t matter what building we are in, whether it’s a nice, pretty on the inside and out, or typical church building or just an old abandoned warehouse building that needs a lot of tender loving care to keep it up.  If we are all really serious about getting out there and ministering and serving our community…nothing else would matter.  We do this because we love God!  We are humble in what he did for us when He sent His Son to save us from our past and sin.  We are grateful and we want to share this wonderful gift that has been given to us with everyone we come into contact with.John 3:16 says that, “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. Our question to think about is how can we get these great words from God out to the people of this world?

It’s all ties into us being the church, and having that reminder to us that each one of us have gifts and we don’t all have the same gift.  We all have been given different gifts so we can come together with our gifts and help people as one body of believers.  When we come together as a church, we come together to help and build up each other as one body so that we as one body can go out and reach those lost in the world.  We work together in unity so that others will see that love penetrate from our hearts to theirs. 
In Matthew 28:16-20, (
The Great Commission), Christ tells us to go out into the world to share the good news.Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.  When they saw him, they worshiped him—but some of them doubted!  Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.  Therefore, go and make disciples of all the church bodynations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.  Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

1 Corinthians 12:27 says, All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.


We are never alone when we talk to people.  Even as we are chatting it up with a random stranger in the grocery store and we have nobody physically by are side; we as followers of Christ, having studied God’s Word, have God with us 24/7 giving us the words to speak and the wisdom to say them to the people that we come into contact with on a daily basis.  Which is why it’s so important to find a daily bible study or devotional to study on your own every day.  Our time with God is the most important time we have available to us and our number 1 priority.  I love starting my day out with God. I find that if I make it a point to wake up just a little bit earlier before my day starts, grab my cup of coffee, my Bible and my journal and spend that time in reading and praying with God, I tend to be in a happier state of mind through out my day.  Now mornings may not work for everyone, some may prefer afternoons, evening or nights.  I’m just saying that we need to make God our #1 in our life. 

I love the last verse to the song, Build Your Kingdom here.  **B
uild Your kingdom here. Let the darkness fear. Show Your mighty hand. Heal our streets and land!  Set Your church on fire!  Win this nation back.  Change the atmosphere! Build Your kingdom here! We pray!**This verse can really show us that we can go out to the streets and minister to people.  Don’t be afraid of what’s out there because God’s got us.  He can help us share.  He doesn’t call the qualified…He qualifies the called.  He does this through the gifts He gives us that I mentioned earlier.  So let’s go an win this nation back.  Let’s set out to do this work that was set out for us to do and not worry about ‘our circumstances.’  Let’s take US out of the picture and put GOD into the picture. It is not about us, but it is all about HIM and we are building the Kingdom of God!

So let’s get out there and BE THE CHURCH and serve.  I pray that we can have the strength and courage to step out of our building we meet in during our worship times and be the church out on the streets and in this world we live in.
the-church-has-left-the-building-logo
 Grace and Peace to you all,
Blessings!
name

No comments:

Post a Comment