Saturday, March 3, 2012

A wonderful Saturday Breakfast!

I just love being able to cook, being able to find and try a bunch of different recipes.  I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks and I have been wanting to try it for a long time! So today was the day...and it's amazing! Definitely a keeper :-)  The recipe is for a large 9x13 pan but for this morning I cut it in half and made a square pan. :-)

Here it is:
          Sausage and Crisp Rice Casserole

4 cups of crisp rice cereal
2lbs. sausage meat (browned and drained)
1 medium onion (chopped and browned)
1 stick Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese (grated)--I just used whatever cheese I had in the fridge :)
1 1/2 cups cooked rice  (great way to use that leftover rice as well)
4 eggs
2 cans cream of celery soup

    1.  Preheat oven to 325.
    2.  In a 9x13 casserole dish, layer cereal, sausage, onion, rice and cheese.
    3.  Pour mixture of beaten eggs and celery soup over the rest of the ingredients.
    4.  Sprinkle cereal over the top.
    5.  Bake for 45 minutes.

You can have this with fresh fruit or some sweet rolls.
Serves 10-12

             Enjoy!!!!! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment