Friday, March 16, 2012

God can take you where you are at!

There's a purpose and a plan for all of us!
God can meet you and take you where you are!  

1 Peter 5:6-10 --> upon reading this section verse 10, this does stand out as the key verse here.  No matter what we may go through, God is here for us and he will provide us with strength to be restored.  In the hands of God our brokenness is powerful.  More powerful than we could even imagine!
We can see the face of God in the brokenness, in the storms of life, in our trials and in our tribulations.  The difference in 'being broken' and 'being broken open' is when we find that we can let God in to help us heal.  God gives us those little signs of comfort that everything is going to be okay.
Listening to Sheila Walsh this weekend, made me think about a few years, remembering hearing from Tammy Trent.  These two ladies have amazing stories to tell.  In Sheila's book, Honesty and In Tammy's book, "Learning to breathe again,' tells the stories of how they've felt broken and how they've been restored.
His angels are all around us, whether they come in Hilton Housekeeping uniforms, a voice or hug of a stranger or even someone we know well.  We are constantly entertaining angels all around us.

     So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.  Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.  Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.  
     In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.




God has His Purpose for all of us!  I love when I heard someone say this,  'God just teach me to sing and worship you in the middle of the storm.'  Because when we are in the middle of a storm that's really when we want to be focused on God.  Which really reminded me how much I really love the song from Casting Crowns, Praise you in this storm.  God will get us through the storms in our lives.  I can see the pictures -- standing on the sandy beach  in the middle of a rainstorm just praising God in the midst of it.  How amazing does that sound?
Romans 8:28 -- And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

I am a Child of God and Daughter of the King of Kings!  

I took a couple notes from one of Sheila's messages she shared and I wanted to share some of them here....

God let me reflect who YOU ARE!

A couple of points I've listed from the conference that I was at to help us reflect.... 
  • It's okay to talk to yourself. :-)  Really it is! :-) You can ask yourself, who does Jesus love? For me, THIS GIRL! :-)
  • Build an arsenal of the Word of God
    • Dig for themselves/ourselves
    • The Word of God is a letter written to YOU by GOD to help you.
      • Create a stack of cards with verses that you can turn to
        • Fear --> Psalm 27:1
          • The LORD is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? 
               The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why 
            should I tremble? 
        • Anxiety --> 1 Peter 5:7
          • Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 
        • Overwhelmed --> 
          • My Grace is sufficient for you
          • My Grace is enough for you
      • Psalm 143:8......................Treasure deep in your heart
        Psalm 4:8
    • The Bible is full of helpful verses for us to live by (God's love letter to us!)
  • Surround yourself with good people.  You will be like the five people you are around the most!
    • find yourself a mentor  -- someone older who can give you guidance, answer your questions and help guide you and just be able to be there for you.
God knows the weight of what we have cried, he holds our tears and he knows when we cry.  He is there for us!  He will wipe away every tear that falls from our face.
Revelation 21:4 -->  He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.

Love this song from Sheila Walsh.  She sang it toward the end of the Women of Faith conference, so I though I would share it on here as well. 

You Raise me up - Sheila Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment