Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm with You

You were meant for more.  I live my life for God.  It's not about me, it's all about Him!  Just some of the statements we hear and talk about during our 
walk with Christ and our relationship with Him.
When you put your faith and trust in the creator of the universe, when you surrender everything; ultimately, to the one who knows you from the inside out, every part of you, including your future.  

We hear these words so often, but sometimes they're just hard to fathom.  We want to surrender everything. We want to trust that God has a plan for us.  But, sometimes are question back is...When God? When is it going to happen, for me?  
I mean, I know it's your timing but when?  We are constantly being little impatient children, it's part of our human nature.  We're like that child you see in the candy store, tugging at our parents side begging for that piece of candy we are so desperately wanting and we just have to have.  We want things now or in the time we think we deserve something.  It's not until something might finally happen to us when we finally realize why God has had us wait so long.  As He is preparing each and everyone of us for our own journey, and though we may not fully understand why, we ultimately know that our wonderfully Father has nothing but the best prepared and designed for his children.


As I listen to K-Love through out the day the song, I'm with you by Amy Grant and Nichole Nordeman has played several times now.  I love the words of this song and the way that the song describes the relationship between Ruth and her mother-in-law Naomi.  It really just made me want to read this wonderful story, that I know I've read/heard so many times before, again to be able to recapture it again.



(Ruth 1-4)

I just love the relationship that was told about between Ruth and Naomi.  The story of the young woman who stayed by her mother-in-laws' side even after the death of her husband.  
Sometimes we don't understand what God is calling us to do, and we don't even know where to begin sometimes, but it's our devout faith in our God and King that gets us though some of the hardest times; because, we know that He has something better planned for us in the future.
Ruth loved her Heavenly Father so much that she was willing to devote her life to serving Him as well as standing by her mother-in-law, Naomi side.  She was willing to stay with Naomi's for the rest of her life. 
Ruth found so much in Noami.  She found this older, yet wiser woman.  She found a mentor. Someone whom she would be able to talk to, to confide in, to be a friend to and to learn from.
Again, this is another woman that God had more plans for.  It was then, while Ruth was working in the fields, harvesting the grain, she met Boaz.  This would be the man who had showed her kindness and ultimately being the man she will marry.  The story is an amazing story of faith, hope, love, commitment and devotion.


It's so amazing to be able to have a wonderful mentor in your life.  Someone you can look up to, ask question to, someone who has possibly been where you are/have been and can give you advice on how to deal with life as you grow in Christ.  It must have been an amazing learning experience for Ruth to have spend this time with Naomi as she grew in the time they were spending together.  
Take joy in those women who you can get advice from and can learn from.  I, for one, can think of several wonderful women that have had an amazing influence on me, in every place that I have lived from California to Indiana.  I am grateful for the woman that I have become because of their influence and I am so thankful for everyone that has been involved in my life in these place.  What mentors have you had in your lives that have given you a positive outlook on life? Have they increased you walk with Christ?  




I'm with you
Love is a hurricane in a blue sky,
I didn't see it coming, never knew why.
All the laughter and the dreams,
All the memories in between,
Washed away in a steady stream.

Love is a hunger, a famine in your soul.
I thought I planted beauty, but it would never grow.
Now I'm on my hands and knees,
Trying to gather up my dreams,
Trying to hold on to anything.
We could shake a fist in times like this
When we don't understand or we could just hold hands.

You and me, me and you,
Where you go, I'll go too,
I'm with you, I'm with you.
Till your heart finds a home,
I won't let you feel alone,
I'm with you, I'm with you, with you.

You do your best to build a higher wall.
To keep love safe from any wrecking ball.
When the dust has cleared, we will
See the house that love rebuilds,
Guarding beauty that lives here still.

Who can say I'm left with nothing?
When I have all of you, all of you, yeah.
In the way you've always loved me.
I remember, He does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment