Friday, August 31, 2012

Snack Time!

#1 Cake-batter snickerdoodles

Time for some BAKING!!!


Well...sometimes don't you just crave something sweet? I totally do at times!  Most of our sweet cravings come from when we aren't wanting to eat a lot of sweets, right?  Usually when we're dieting?  Well here are some "sweet tooth' cravings 'with' and 'without' a lot of sugar in them.

I've wandered through Pinterest a few times....okay maybe more than a few times, (totally addicting site, what can I say), but there's some great ideas out there.  I first found these cake-batter snicker-doodles, and while I've seen them before, I really just had to try them this time.  

That, and I was having a group get together for facial one night and I wanted to have some snacks available.  I also didn't want to be in the kitchen all-day preparing them.  So I found these four snacks that I literally made in under 2 hours. Which wasn't a huge chunk out out of my day and at least let me get some of my work done that I needed to do to prepare for my skin care class that night. 

#1: Cake-batter Snicker-doodles - they were really simple to make when you just want to whip us a late night snack.


#2 Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Then I wanted to make something that consisted of peanut butter and chocolate, something that tends to be a craving a little more often. What can I say...

#2:  Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sqaures - defiantly an amazing treat! 
         Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Awesomeness! 
Defiantly enjoyed by everyone!




Well, I thought after these two sugar-packed recipes I should go for something a little more on the healthy side. So I tried recipe number 3.








#3 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
#3: Chocolate chip cookie dough dip - AND YES! It actually is a HEALTHY snack!  You would never believe that it was, because you could pretty much sit down and eat the whole bowl of it. I took it to one of my parties and it defiantly was the hit of the night.  I served it  with graham crackers to spread the cookie dough.





Next, I really wanted to try another HEALTHY food, with brings me to....







Banana, Applesauce, Raisin Cookies
#4:  Banana, applesauce, raisin cookies - 

Yes, those are pretty much the main ingredients in this recipe. Plus, they are totally and completely sugar-free.  And if you're looking for a pretty decent sugar-free snack to quench your sweet tooth than this would be a good choice for you. 
About half the people I gave these to really enjoyed these cookies; although, on the other hand the other half of us thought the taste was okay, but couldn't get past the texture and chewiness of the cookie.   Maybe these cookies can be re-worked a little, for some of us. :-)



These were great fast and easy snacks and treats to prepare when you don't really want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and fun to make as well.   

Grace and Peace, 













No comments:

Post a Comment