Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Let my life be the Proof of Your Love!

Well, I think it’s here! What you may ask?  Winter…finally!  Yay!  After a long warm, summer….it’s finally starting to cool off, and yes…even rain a bit.  I have been waiting for this as the Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Brulee latte’s have come back at Starbucks and and everyone talking about being able to wear their “Fall” and “Winter” outfits (sweaters, boots, hats, scarves, etc).  While I’m sitting here in California just waiting for the next season to arrive, since it seems like it has hit everywhere else but right here.  Let’s just say 100 degree days in the early Autumn made it seem like Winter would never come. Really made me want to take that short escape back to Indiana for the amazing ‘cooler’ weather they had from what I can remember from living back there.  But now as the new year has come upon us the upper 20 degree weather has come upon us. 
As I am sitting here thinking about what I wanted to write this afternoon…I was thinking about the title of this blog.  Listening to the radio at the same time, I started thinking about the song, Proof of Your Love, from the band For King and Country.  In the past couple months the song that has been playing on the radio several times.  I mean just the chorus of this song is simply awesome and amazing and has me singing along all the time!  I was so blessed to be able to attend a for King and Country concert a couple months ago at a local concert. They were amazing!!! From their awesome stage presence and singing with a passion in their soul to being able to share the wonderful message that God had laid on their hearts that night!  They are as incredible live as they are on the radio, and so on fire for Christ during their concerts.
Which brings me to what you may be asking, what is the proof of your love?  It’s living for God, but it’s so much more than that as well.  It’s living fully devoted and sold out to Christ.  There’s a saying that says generally speaking, to live your life so on fire for God that anytime someone were to speak bad about you, nobody would believe them. Isn’t that completely the truth though?  We’ve all been hurt by people we’ve trusted and we learn to forgive them. If we stand for what we believe in and lead pure lives, even though we may slip we know we can get right back up again, forgiving those who hurt us and living the PROOF OF GOD’S LOVE!!! Being love and showing love!!!  Be the light that shines to everyone.   You never know, you may be the only Jesus that some people see, so live for Him in everything you do.

"…let my life be the proof, the proof of your love
let my life look like you and what you’re made of
how you lived
how you died
love is a sacrifice
so let my life be the proof, the proof of your love…” (4 King and Country)
We were blessed again by being able to hear the amazing song styling’s of Jason Castro.  Another amazing concert piece and message from him. 
Just being able to listen to the stories of their life, whether they are at home or on the road, they can relate to so many people who may have similar issues.
“…This is only a mountain, You don’t have to find your way around it, Tell it to move, it’ll move, Tell it to fall, it’ll fall
This is only a moment, You don’t have to let your fear control it, Tell it to move, it’ll move, Tell it to fall, it’ll fall…” (Jason Castro)
I remember traveling with my drama team in college and we would always save a portion of our time we had to share for a personal testimony by one of our team members.  There were times we weren’t totally sure who was going to speak until we actually got to where we were going to be and God told us who needed to be addressing the crowd that night. Even our dramatic pieces were changed a lot just because of where we felt we were being led once we got there.  But, ultimately, where ever we went we wanted those watching us to see Christ in our lives while we were with them.  We wanted our lives to show the proof of God’s love in what we were sharing.  So many times we left those “performances” completely changed and humbled after sharing with people, praying with people and just listening to their stories as well.
Acts 20:24 - But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.
DSCN4217
Shelli and Me after the concert that night!!!


name

No comments:

Post a Comment