Friday, September 5, 2014

Created for a purpose!



you are
Psalms 139:13-14You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.


One of my favorite passages in the Bible, is Psalms 139.  One that I can can turn to quite often for comfort and assurance.
You were designed, created and filled with plenty of purpose and promises for your life.  As much as you may not believe it at times… you were made with a purpose. 
There are many Bible verses that we can turn to to know that we are loved and chosen for a purpose in our life.  Although sometimes we may not fully see or understand these verses until we come and sit down quietly; open up the God’s Word and listen to that still yet small voice that is telling us that we are important, strong, precious and forgiven. 
I have been blessed to be able to work with children through out the week at my job.  Many of these children have autism, down syndrome or IMG_3554cerebral palsy.  Some have epilepsy and are susceptible to seizures.  One thing that they all have in common with other children as well, is that they were all created for a unique purpose.  They were all chosen to have a powerful impact on the world through each and every one of their gifts that they have.  I am blessed to be able to learn so much from  these children everyday I am with them.
Although; at times, their attention spans may be short, when you can catch their attention for just a short moment to teach them something or share a story with them, it’s incredible at the feedback they have to share back with you. 
They all have something to say. IMG_3540Some will communicate very well, while others are non-verbal.  That doesn’t mean that each child doesn’t get their point across and are heard.
Every day is different for these kids.  I’ve come to learn that a variety of teaching methods are incredibly great to have on hand.  What may work one time may not necessarily work another time or it might.  Sometime you never know until that day.  It all depends on the type of day that they are having as to what teaching method we are using that day.  We love challenges, we love the kids and love to learn as we go. 

“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”

I love working with the children and have discovered a greater passion for teaching more than ever. 
I am so thankful for the chance and the opportunity to be able to work in a Christian environment and grow in faith and spirituality more and more each day.  
Psalms 139:1-24O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up.  You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.  You know everything I do.  You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.  You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!  I can never escape from your Spirit!  I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night—but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.  To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you.  You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.  How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.  They cannot be numbered!  I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!  And when I wake up, you are still with me! O God, if only you would destroy the wicked!  Get out of my life, you murderers!  They blaspheme you; your enemies misuse your name. O Lord, shouldn’t I hate those who hate you?  Shouldn’t I despise those who oppose you?
Yes, I hate them with total hatred, for your enemies are my enemies. 
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.


Blessings,
name

No comments:

Post a Comment