Thursday, October 31, 2013

Coffee Chat #3


coffeeHello to my readers, I hope everyone has been great!  This past weekend I was so blessed to be able to attend the annual Women of Faith conference. As always I’ve came back to incredibly blessed to be in the presence of God at this conference with these other women.  Singing, praising, worshipping and listening to other women share their faith and story. 
I was able to hear from some incredible speakers such as Lysa TerKeurst, Roma Downey, Anita Renfroe, Kari Jobe, Judah Smith women of faith(the one guy speaker there Smile other than MercyMe), Natalie Grant, Christine Caine, Angela Thomas and Mercy Me.  I’m sure that each speaker that shared left a profound impact on each person in the room, I know they did for me.  
Each speaker has their own story to tell about their life experiences they have had.

I’ll take these next few coffee chats to talk a bit about these inspirational speakers I had the pleasure of listening to.   Let’s get to know a little from Lysa TerKeaurst this week, shall we? 

Lysa opened up with
2 Samuel 20. With the title of her message, ‘One Wise Woman.’  l
The first lesson we learn from this section is that, you do not mess with the anointed and appointed.  In the start of this scripture we learn of a troublemaker called Sheba.  (I included the link to the above scripture for you as well).

As we read through the scripture we learn about a Wise Woman.  Here are a couple points we
can learn from her.  Her approach and how she had dealt with the situation of ‘the troublemaker.”  We learn that a servant-hearted woman is a wise-hearted woman and because of her willingness to show up in the midst of everything happening, God sees, God notices and God smiles. 
Second, we can learn from her assurance.  She was peaceful and faithful.  She relied on her identity to over shadow her circumstances.  I am a child of God; therefore, …
Her assurance was rooted in reality.
And, third, we can get advice
Philippians 4:13, “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” See we can use the New Testament through the Old testament.  See how they go together so well.  Smile

Lysa told a story of her daughter who set out to be a pole vaulter.  Every time she would get out on that track she would counter on her 10 fingers, I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength, she ran and jumped and fell flat.  Although, at the end of the meet she was still like, I am a pole vaulter, every time!  She did this for, I think 3 years before she finally grabbed her pole, counted on her 10 fingers, ran, jumped and sailed over the bar and broke the school pole vaulting record that year.  Persistence pays off in the end, right? 

She established a pattern of discipline and kept pushing toward her goal.

What pattern of disciple can you establish?  How does this scripture affect you? 


Blessings,

name

No comments:

Post a Comment